Thursday, October 10, 2013

Exploring Cricut - Homecoming

Hello! So glad you stopped by as it is my turn to at Exploring Cricut today. I am still trying to get caught up on scrapbooking and deciding to work on my daughter's high school book. Fall is upon us and with that comes lots of fun events like festivals, and of course, homecoming dances. 

I am sharing a 2 page layout for her homecoming dance junior year. One of the fun things, I think, about scrapbooking is taking pieces from the actual event and incorporating it onto your page. The jewels in the upper left corner are actually from her corsage.


The pattern Bo Bunny paper is doublesided and this helped really coordinate everything together. Sometimes there are so many pictures taken and it is difficult to leave any out. One idea that really works for me is looking at the pictures I really want to showcase. I then put the rest into 4x6 clear sleeves that fit right into the album. Some brands are Die Cuts With A View or We R Memory Keepers. They also come in different sizes and I usually pick mine up at Archiver's.


The slits in the roses were popped up and I added Fruit Punch Stickles to them with a gem for added glimmer. I wasn't too sure about using the shimmery grey for the roses but really like how it compliments the pictures of  my daughter's dress.

Recipe:
2 page 12 x 12 layout
Papers - Bo Bunny, Bazzill, Core'dinations 
Swirl - Sweethearts
Font, Numbers - Lyrical Letters
Gems, Fruit Punch Stickles

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget you have until Saturday to enter for some blog candy  here and enter our challenge of a birthday celebration for even more chances to win a Cricut Cartridge!

Annette


7 comments:

Sharon said...

Fabulous layout!! Love the swirls and flowers. Great photos, too. :)

Jaren said...

This is a great layout! Great colors and love the details!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful LO!!

Scrapping Girl said...

Love how you incorporated something from her corsage! I've got a whole pile of homecoming pictures I need to do-this will inspire me to get started! Is she liking college so far?
:)
Michelle

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty layout!!!Great photos!!!

moknowsall said...

what a great layout. the flowers are different than anything I've seen before. I love doing layouts better than cards, and you just gave me a bit of inspiration to go make some more layouts!!! enjoyed looking through your blog

maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

teachermom5 said...

This is such a wonderful layout, the swirls, flowers and shimmer! I loved that you used part of her corsage, how clever.Thanks for the tips too, very handy.