Thursday, September 12, 2013

Exploring Cricut Smile It's School Time

Hello! Happy to see you here. It is my turn at Exploring Cricut and I am sharing another school layout. At our middle school the kids go a week before school to take a yearbook picture, get locker assignment and school supplies if you ordered them. 


This paper is from Simple Stories and is double sided. I really like being able to use that kind of paper. It takes all the guesswork out:) I had never cut the school from Locker Talk and think it is so fun. It was a little tricky as I wanted the windows to be white. To get this look I used the blackout feature for the white. I cut the base in green (cutting away the building, tree trunk and flagpole) and then used the layer feature to get the buildings, flagpole and tree in the colors I wanted. I added white gel pen to the flag.

I also added green ink to the tree and edges of green grass. A black micro pen was used on the front stair and front doors. The camera was popped up and micro pen was added to it. The camera flash was popped up and inked with Wild Honey Distress Ink from Ranger.

2 page 12 x 12 layout
Papers - Simple Stories and Bazzill
Camera - Locker Talk 1.77"
"Smile" - Locker Talk 3.46"
School Building - Locker Talk 2.79"
Camera Flash - Locker Talk 3.15"
"6th Grade - Locker Talk 4.10"
Pop dots, Wild Honey Ink, Versamagic Tea Leaves Ink

Thanks for stopping by and there is still time to enter our challenge. You have until Saturday! Hope you decide to join in the fun:)

Annette

7 comments:

Jaren said...

This is super cute!

Martha Herrera said...

Great layout, and I love that little camera, too cute!

Nana said...

What a cute and fun LO.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable LO!!

Sharon said...

Great layout!! Love the camera and school. That chevron paper really messing with the eyes! Love it!!! :)

Michelle N. said...

What a wonderful layout! I think it's funny how I use a cartridge a lot, then find stuff I missed (this cart has a camera?! LOL). Great job!

teachermom5 said...

You are right about the oldies but goodies! I really love how you cut the schoolhouse, I will have to try that.