Thursday, July 19, 2012

Exploring Cricut Project - Christmas

If you are looking for the Exploring Cricut Christmas in July go here. You have until Saturday, July 21st for blog candy and challenge:)
_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone! It is my turn to share at Exploring Cricut and I decided to keep with the theme of our challenge. I created a 2 page spread for Christmas. I thought I had finished all of 2010 Christmas and found some I had missed. 


I kept it fairly simply and will probably journal on the blue rectangle. I have to admit that my journaling has seen better days, especially on activities that we do yearly. I tend to just put the month and year.



One of the nice things about the Gypsy is being able to lay out the design prior to cutting. This can be done with DS or CCR. I was glad I remembered to cut my geometric shapes with the Gypsy. It was so much faster than me cutting and measuring the squares and rectangles. 


I added a red nose and black hooves with Stickles. 


Recipe:

12x12 2 page layout 
Elf - Paper Doll Dress Up 4.85"
Face - Peachy Keen Stamps
Merry Christmas - Simply Charmed 2.58"
2010 - Birthday Bash 1.31"
Reindeer - Paper Doll Dress Up 5.77"
Squares/Rectangle - George and Basic Shapes 3.25"
Patterned Paper Under Title - George and Basic Shapes 1.76"
Black Stickles, Xmas Red Stickles, Gold Stickles, Gold and black brads, Snow marker, black pen, ribbon, Divine Swirls embossing folder, chalk, Signo white gel pen, Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember you still have time to enter the challenge and the blog hop for blog candy!

Annette

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Fabulous layout pages!! Love the reindeer and elf. All of the colors are great. Love your photos, too. My journaling leaves a lot to be desired. I tend to be at a loss for words when it comes to writting them down. :)

Unknown said...

Holy cow!!! This is a WINDERFUL LAYOUT Annette!!! I LOVE this!!!

Great job!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Great pages love all the detail!

An'Jenic G. said...

Awesome Layout. I love the little deer and Santa helper. So cute. TFS AJ~

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout!! I love the stickles on the reindeer's nose!! And the little elf is too cute :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

katieo said...

So many fun cuts. I love the elf