Thursday, June 7, 2012

Exploring Cricut Thursday Project "Caught One"

Hi Everyone! It's my turn to share at Exploring Cricut. I decided to keep with the challenge and get some more Father's Day cards done. This one is for my father-in-law. In his day he really enjoyed fishing, hunting and flying model airplanes. I decided to go with a fishing theme for him. He has quite a few stuffed wildlife. We, the family, have named one "Walter" who is from the Northwest Territories and is an Arctic Char. He proudly is displayed in his apartment at the nursing home. So, in honor of Walter here is my card.


I decided to use Simply Charmed for this one. Instead of the paper line, I opted for some silver/grey floss on the reel. I adhered it to the fish's mouth by using some Glossy Accents.

Recipe:
A2 card base
Reel - Simply Charmed 3.59"
Fish - Simply Charmed 3.59"
Sentiment - My Pink Stamper
Black ink, Glossy Accents, embroidery floss

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you decide to join us in the challenge. You have until Saturday and I am excited to see what your projects look like too:)

Annette

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is adorable!! I love it! Great idea to use the floss for the fishing line! :)

Diane said...

I love ths card Annette! That is one of those great cartridges!

Anna Waarvik said...

You're card is super cute - love that fishing line!

Scrapping Girl said...

Love your floss for the fishing line-great idea! I think he will love this and it will remind him of fun times fishing :)