Monday, May 21, 2012

Exploring Cricut Challenge - "Cricut Choice"

Good Morning! Thanks for stopping by today. We have a new challenge at Exploring Cricut and let me tell you it is a fun one. This challenge is your choice. Now remember, you have to use your Cricut. The cartridge is up to you. Grab a cartridge that you have not used or used very little and create a card, layout, or papercraft. There are lots of possibilities out there. Have fun with this one and really be creative!

For my projects, I decided to create a graduation card with matching envelope. I really like the Wild Card Cartridge but haven't really done much of the shape cards with the envelope. I will say that the Gypsy really helped me get the sizing down for this project. The graduation cap was added using Paper Dolls for Everyday.

I used the blackout feature for the owl in white so that I could attach the black dot for the eye and then I glued the red paper to the white. I also added a strip of black to the nose before gluing, the red and white cutout of owl, so that the nose wouldn't be white. This worked great so that none of that would show on the inside of the card. 






The liner is a separate piece that is a nice polished touch to your envelope. When cutting your pieces out for the envelope you will make them the same size as your envelope. I did leave the markers so that I could line up the tree trunk and the grass. I did, however, hide the markers on the envelope because I don't like how they sometimes tear the paper. 



Recipe:
Owl Card - Wild Card 4.72"
Graduation Cap - Paper Dolls for Everyday 6.05" (width)
Sentiment - Wild Card 3.88" (width)
Envelope -Wild Card 5.70"
Liner - Wild Card 5.70"
Black, Diamond Stickles, black ink

Remember, use any Cricut cartridge for your project that you haven't used much of. It is amazing the items on our carts that we aren't even aware of. You have until Saturday, May 26th to enter. I can't wait to see what you guys create:)

Thanks for stopping by!

 Annette

4 comments:

Diane said...

Totally love it and even though I have used Wildcard some, I know I can explore it more! Thanks so much.

Melody Lane Inspired said...

I love the envelope with this card they are both great! I don't use this cart enough.

Diana said...

Annette, this is one cartridge I am very guilty of not using! :) Well I have maybe 2 times for only 1 cut! Gotta get it out more. Your project is just adorable!

Sharon said...

This is just awesome!!! I so love the owl card and that great envelope!!! Now this is one cartridge that I tend to neglect!! I think I've made one of the envelopes once! :)