Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exploring Cricut Daily Project - Gone With The Breeze

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by because it is my turn to share a project for Exploring Cricut. I decided to keep with the spring theme and do a 2 page layout from recent kite flying earlier this month. It was a beautiful breezy day and my daughter really enjoyed herself. She was very intent on her flying and was making the funniest faces.

So, on with the project. Usually for kite flying I choose cuts that are kites; but I wanted to use something equally as fun in a breeze - hence - the pinwheel. I found these adorable ones on A Child's Year that luckily had a layer too.  The papers I chose were so busy that I opted to not do mats behind my pictures.







Using my Gypsy, I welded the word "spring" into the tag and then cut. I just placed a scrap of pink paper behind the word. 


This was the bird that was cut out from the tag. You can see the glitter a little better on this picture.

Recipe:
12 x 12 2 page layout
Papers - DCWV, Bazzill
Pink mat - A Child's Year 10"
Pinwheel - A Child's  Year 4.71", 3.63", 2.96"
Tag - A Child's Year 2.52"
Spring - Lyrical Letters (Jack Sprat) 1.18"
Flowers - A Child's Year 3.55", 2.48", 1.71"
Circles - Plantin SchoolBook 2.69"
Scallop - Plantin SchoolBook 3.30"
Pink Rectangle - George and Basic Shapes 11.92"
Buttons, ribbon, brads, black pen, Prima flower
Stickles - Thistle

Be sure to enter your spring project at Exploring Cricut. You have until March 31st 9pm Eastern time. We always enjoy seeing what you have to make:) Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Annette

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great job and I love your layout!,

L.B. said...

Very fun. Love the pinwheels.
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

Beautiful layout pages!!! I so love the bright colors and all the different papers you used. The pinwheels and flowers are great!! :)