Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Merry and Bright!

Hi All! Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my creations! Today I used a stamp from Wild Rose. Isn't she a cute little fairy. Her name is Ella and she was so fun to make sparkle. I'm entering her into a few challenges. Over at Scraptastic Designs the challenge is to make a Christmas card without red, green or gold, Paper Playtime challenge #61 is to use a stamped image with a sentiment and Robin's Creative Cottage Challenge #1 is "let it sparkle".


I chose blue, pink and brown for this card. I used watercolor pencils to color the stamp. I added bling on her headband, wand, bow and wings. I used stickles and regular glitter. I also used Perfect Pearls Pewter for her wand handle.

Even though I have had my markers and pencils for years I really don't use them that much anymore and it has been nice to pull them out again. I am hoping that my coloring will continue to improve. I really don't do well with shading and I think I just don't have the patience.  There is definitely a lot of beautiful work out there in bloggy land that is great inspiration.

I appreciate you coming by and hope that I have inspired you to pull something out that you may not have used lately too:)

Recipe:
A2 card base Stampin' Up
Pattern Paper - Jillebean Soup
Star - A Child's Year
Stamp - Wild Rose Ella
Sentiment - Unity Stamps
Snow Marker for dress
Watercolor pencils Stampin' Up
Stickles in yellow and pink, fine glitter for wings, A Muse Studio Twine, Stampin' Up chalk for cheeks, brown ink, white signo pen for eyes, Perfect Pearls Pewter

Entering:

Thanks for stopping by!

Annette


13 comments:

Amy said...

Pretty! I like all of the sparkle :)Amy

Jovan said...

Super cute card! Thanks for playing in Scraptastic Monday Challenge.

Jayne said...

Pretty card Annette.Love the image and all the sparkle.Thanks for playing at Scraptastic Monday.
Jayne x

Cathryn said...

Soooo cute! Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along at Scraptastic Mondays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kate said...

Adorable card Annette. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cindy’s Scraptastic Designs . Hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Kate

shelly said...

cute card adorable image :) thanks for sharing with us at scraptasticmondays :)

Karen said...

Cute card! The fairy is adorable! Thanks for playing along at Robin's Creative Cottage! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Simply Pam said...

This card is darling. I am loving the little girl image. Too cute! Thanks for playing in paper w/ us over at Paper Playtime!

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
Paperplaytime.bllogspot.com

Patty B said...

Super sweet card! She's very cute and I like all the glitter bling! Thanks for joining us at RCC!

RCC DT Member
Craftykitten1.blogspot.com

Karen H said...

Oh my, this is SO adorable! I am in love with that sweet stamp.. and you colored her beautifully. :o) I have a thing for sparkles so I love how much you sparklified on this precious image. :o) The paper is wonderful, too, as is the entire design. Excellent work. :o) Thank you for playing along with us at Scraptastic Mondays! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Heather May Holbrook said...

Really sweet card- love that cute little fairy! Thanks for joining us at Robin's Creative Cottage this week!
Heather :)

Maquel said...

Super card! I love how you glittered up your fairy!! Great job! Thanks for Joining in the challenge at Robin's Creative Cottage!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your card!I LOVE the great image and colors,Thank you so much for playing along at Scraptastic Mondays!:)